Terms and Conditions Happy Hippo Durban
1. You are charged a 10% deposit that is “non-refundable” as this is taken by the booking engine not Happy Hippo
2. The balance owing will be due in full on arrival
3. A minimum stay of 3 days must be booked if you will staying with us on the 31st of December at any location
4. You must check your email confirmation carefully as we are not responsible for errors you may have made in entering your details and making changes or corrections are not always possible. If in doubt call us we can check what is on our system.
Weekly Deals And Special Packages:
1. Full payment will be taken at time of booking
2. On cancellation of Packages only 75% of the payment will be refunded
3. 72 hours notice in writing must be given to cancel any packages
4. All Cancellations should be done in writing by e-mail unless it is an urgent cancellation or you are already checked into the hostel
5. All cancellations made by telephone may require you to verify your card details again so have them with you
6. Any refunds will only be made to the credit card in the booking.
Cancellations & Non-arrivals:
1. Failure to make any cancellations with more than 24hrs notice of our standard 2pm Check-In time “or” if you fail to arrive on the first day of your booking means that any deposit will be forfeited and the balance of the first night’s accommodation will be charged to your credit card after which your subsequent nights if any will be cancelled. So if you are delayed getting to us please call and we can try to amend your booking *subject to availability.
2. Refunds will only be given for subsequent nights if payment has already been made and you have advised our staff “no later” than 10am on the day “before” your revised departure date.
3. If your original booking was for 2 or more persons the cancellation/change must apply to the whole party and a new booking made for the persons not wishing to cancel/change.
Telephone, E-mail, Postal/Mail, Fax & Walk-in Bookings:
1. Happy Hippo charges the first night’s accommodation as a deposit for your booking. This will be charged at the time of booking, and this is a “non-refundable payment”
2. Bookings will only be taken with a valid credit card number (unless you are a walk in customer)
3. No credit facilities are available and accommodation must be paid for in full on arrival
4. It is recommended that you contact us to reconfirm your booking at least 7 days prior to arrival.
Pricing and Payment Policy:
1. We make every effort to accommodate you in the dormitory size of your choice, however, because of the nature of our business, we may have to place you in an alternative dormitory. If the accommodation that you have been moved to is in a smaller dormitory, you will not be charged the difference. If we have placed you into a larger dormitory size, your booking will show the difference in price. This may not apply to changes made at your request.
2. We do not normally accept Cheques. This is to the discretion of the hostel manager.
3. We do accept most credit and debit cards, but not Amex
4. You may be asked to do a fax form to authorize your card
5. We cannot take Solo or Electron Cards via telephone, fax or email – they can only be taken with you present to swipe the card etc.